The Standard Test pack is used to test the performance of an autoclave and ensure rapid and even penetration of steam within the pack. The test originates from UK Health Technical Memorandums (HTMs)and is well known from HTM2010.
Standard Test Packs are a great way of testing and setting up autoclave cycles. There use is detailed in EN285:2015 for the following tests:
· Small/Full Load Thermometric Tests
· Air Detector Performance Tests
· Load Dryness Test
· Air Detector Function Test
1. The pack should be laundered when soiled, this must be done without the use of detergent or conditioner (which may cause Non Condensable Gases)
2. The pack must be allowed to equilibrate between 20-30°C and a humidity of 40 to 60% RH.
3. The Pack should be folded as shown in Figure 13 of EN 285:2015.
The specification or the test pack is detailed in EN285:2015 section 23.1. If you would like to purchase suitable Standard Test Packs or if you have experienced failures and would like advice, please let us know and we would be happy to help.